Restrictions permitting we will be holding our 60th Scorpion National Championships at Penzance Sailing Club in 2021. The confirmed dates are Sunday 15 August through Friday 20 August 2021.
The image below from Dreamstime shows Penzance harbour looking east with the quay wall in the background; Penzance Sailing Club to left of centre.
Useful links for the sailing facilities, accommodation options and general visitor information:
Further details to be provided once we have finalised our programme with the host club.
Instructions and General Info
As we get closer to the Nationals I’ll look to add to this but some points worth noting:
- SIs will be shared soon.
- Two races planned for each day (+ the practice race on Sunday) with no racing on Friday unless not enough races sailed (full details in NOR).
- Planning on doing a mix of courses e.g. sausage, triangle as an option rather than just triangle, sausage.
- Registration will be run on Saturday (times TBC) and a short slot on the Sunday (times TBC).
- Going to run a daily noticeboard to help let everyone know what’s happening, as well as a Nationals ‘WhatsApp’ group to help communications.
- We’ll add instructions how to get there kind of thing soon.
- Camping is available very near the club. Facilities TBC there. Please pay at registration and let Steve Walker know via Facebook if you are planning on camping.
- The club will be open every morning from 7.30 am for breakfast, food will also be available every evening.
- Briefing is planned to be held Sunday morning before we launch for the practice race, but we’ll also do a full briefing Saturday evening for those who haven’t done a Nationals before or want some reassurance.
- Results will be run through SailWave.
We’ll do the usual prize giving each evening, looking to run it at 8.00pm each evening. This will, as usual, be followed by The Darwin Award for contributions to evolution- we may even have a new special prize to replace the pecker!
Looking forward to seeing ya’ll there.