Last chance for some quality sea sailing before the Nationals
Beer Sailing Club
RS800 & Scorpion Open Meeting
Time of Briefing: 1150h Saturday
First Scheduled Start Times: Saturday 1300h, Sunday 1030h
Scheduled Number of Races: 3 b/b both days
Sailing Time to Racing Area: Up to 20 minutes
Directions: From the north;- M5 J25, A358 to Seaton.
From the west;- M5 J30, A3052 then B3174.
From the east;- A31 from Southampton, A35, A358 to Seaton,
or;- A303 from London to Ilminster, A358 to Seaton.
Accommodation: Dolphin Hotel 01297 20068, Anchor Inn 20386,
Bay-View Guest-House 20489, Durham House 20449,
Colebrook House 20308.
Plenty of bed & breakfast capacity
Beer-Head Caravan Park 01297 21107
for caravans and tents
Social: Saturday;- Bacon baps and hot drinks on arrival,
Bar & dinner after sailing.
Sunday;- Bacon baps & hot drinks for breakfast,
High Tea & Presentation after sailing
Contacts: Race Officer Geoff Adkin, email@example.com
- A 40-mile clockwise circumnavigation of the Isle Of Sheppey
in north Kent organised by IOS Sailing Club
- The UK’s longest annual dinghy, cat & board race
- Established since 1959 as an endurance event
- Open to all classes of dinghy, catamaran, sailboard & SUP
- Sea, river & estuary sailing with tidal conditions
- In popular years 200-300 competitors have taken part
- Every competitor successfully completing the course receives a circumnavigation certificate signed by the Commodore